Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Berries and Coconut Cream

This is a really easy way to make berries and cream a little bit more fancy and delicious!

2 lbs. mixed berries
2 Tbs. granulated sugar
2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup cream of coconut

-Gently toss the berries, sugar and lime juice.

-With an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream and cream of coconut until soft peaks form. Serve with berries.


Note: I had a difficult time finding the cream of coconut. I heard that you can find it in the asian/ethnic isle in most grocery stores. Supposedly the most popular brand is Coco Lopez. All I could find there was coconut milk (not the same thing). This is the kind that I found, in the liquor isle:



1 comment:

  1. You can usually find Coco Lopez in the liquor aisle. Ralph's carries it, it runs about 4$. I'll include a picture of the can (so it's easier to find) in my "Chilled Lime-Coconut Pie with Macadamia-Coconut Crust" recipe post.

    ReplyDelete